Thursday, October 12, 2017

An update on our new season

Two months ago, I shared that my husband and I resigned from our jobs and were going to take a few months off to rest and just enjoy life. We spent three incredible weeks in Sweden, Norway, and Ireland. Once I am able to go through the thousands of pictures I took, I will share them. :) Guys. If you have an opportunity to travel, do! It is such a magical, glorious experience! We have two more fun trips planned this year and then we will be home for a while. I am about ready to be stationary. Within just over 24 hours of returning from Europe, I traveled to Alabama/Georgia to spend two weeks with my Dad to help him recover from surgery. I was back in Texas for four weeks and then we traveled back to Alabama/Georgia because my Dad needed another surgery. Next week, we will know if all of the cancer is gone. Praying friends, keep praying! My Dad is such a warrior!

That is a pretty good update on the past two months. We are hoping to rest for the remainder of the year and then begin to build our businesses come January. I have no words to describe how precious this time is with my husband. My heart is bursting with joy to share this beautiful season with him! Recently, I began writing my book so that was empowering to me. I have also been reading and learning quite a bit regarding issues related to my field. We are finding ways to get more plugged in at church and looking for opportunities to minister in our community. I am striving to be intentional with visiting with friends and connecting. It is easy to get lost in relaxation and be too "lazy" to get dressed and go out. I am not wanting to get caught up in to-do lists or the pressure of self-expectations. I just want to find joy in meeting some of my goals in the midst of resting.

It has been the sweetest joy to see all the ways God has paved this path for us and His provision in preparing us for this season. Because we are not working, it was easy to leave for three weeks to help my Dad. What a gift! To God be the Glory!

*Jeremiah 17:7-8*

No comments:

Post a Comment