Sunday, June 1, 2014

Meet Benson

Many friends have asked that I share "all things Benson" so here we go!

Less than two weeks after my Mom passed away, I returned to TX. I went back to work and tried to gain any sense of normalcy that I could. I just wanted to focus on me and learn how to grieve, cope and adjust to such a huge loss. Earlier in the year, I decided to try an online dating website. Two weeks after I returned to TX, I logged in to my account to deactivate it.  I was in no shape to date nor was I interested in the thought. I went to my messages to clear them out and there was one from Benson. I opened it and replied back. (What am I doing??) I explained to him that I was closing my account but gave him my email address. (What am I doing??) A few days later, he emailed me. And I emailed back. I remember sitting at my computer after we had exchanged several emails and telling God that I was not ready for this. And God told me to trust Him. So I did. For a month, Benson and I emailed and exchanged phone calls and texts. We developed a friendship. We finally met and here we are. :) We both knew soon after we started dating that God was intertwining our paths for the purpose of making much of Him together.

Benson's love for me has taught me so much about Christ's love for me. He is so gracious that it humbles me. He is so funny, adventurous and fun to be around. He is patient and kind. Benson entered into my life when I was grieving terribly and painfully hard. So many times he would just hold my hand and tell me he was not letting go. He strives to always honor me and constantly puts me (and others) before himself. He is the sweetest gift of grace and a man truly after the heart of God. He inspires me, challenges me, encourages me. He is my best friend and the one whom my soul loves. I still have moments when I wonder if this is real b/c it is more than I could have ever imagined. God is so good and I am just overwhelmed and overjoyed by all He is doing! Thank You, Lord, for turning my weeping into gladness and for blessing me far more than I could ever ask or deserve. I am so, so thankful!

1 comment:

  1. Such an incredibly beautiful story and I am so happy for you Sarah. Best wishes to such a beautiful couple. :)

    ReplyDelete